1. Reservations are accepted online, in person, or by mail on a first come, first serve basis. Payment must accompany completed rental form. Telephone reservations will not be accepted. Requests for facility use will be taken on and after January 1st each year for seasonal and/or daily usage during that year.
2. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in Town facility or park.
3. Smoking is prohibited in all buildings, pavilions, youth playing fields, playgrounds and restrooms. Please use designated smoking area at each park.
4. Animals are prohibited in all buildings. All dogs must be leashed in all parks (***see special rule regarding dogs at William Park). Dogs are not allowed during youth league or town sanctioned programs.
5. Only portable toilets available at some parks. The public restrooms at William Park are open noon - 7:00 pm when staffed. All other hours, a portable toilet is available.
6. The Parks & Recreation Director will process permits (with input when deemed applicable from the Commission), then inform applicants orally or in writing under what stipulations they have been granted park usage.
7. Issuance of a Park Permit is dependent upon payment of appropriate fees according to the Town of Cicero Parks & Recreation fee schedule.
8. The use of tape, nails or tacks on walls or posts at any facility/pavilion is prohibited. Use of any of these will result in loss of deposit. Damages to all facilities, leaving trash or neglect in returning them to original condition will result in billing the permit holder for total cost of materials, supplies and man-hours necessary to offset the aforementioned actions, along with forfeiture of deposit. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Lack of trash pick-up of park.
- Vehicles on turf areas.
- Improper usage of keys/codes.
- Improper use of Town materials or supplies
- Damage to walls or posts
- Usage of ball fields under wet conditions and failure to repair accordingly.
9. All parks in the Town of Cicero are “carry in, carry out” facilities. You are required to remove litter or trash that is generated by your use of the facility.
10. Park hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour following sunset. All pavilion rentals will be for the entire day.
11. Respect other groups in the park using the facilities. Your permit does NOT give you exclusive rights to the whole park.
12. Absolutely no loud music or any kind of sound amplification allowed unless specifically requested at the time of the permit. Volume must be within the Town’s acceptable levels.
13. Driving on park grounds or grass areas is prohibited. All vehicles must remain in parking lots. Please comply with all no parking, handicap and fire lane designations. Violators will be ticketed and or towed at owners’ expense.
14. Inflatable apparatus allowed with prior approval only. (Renter must provide insurance certificate naming the Town as additional insured).
15. Gas or propane grills are prohibited. Charcoal grills only are allowed.
16. All groups of persons under the age of 18 will be chaperoned by persons 21 or older on a basis of 1 adult per 10 persons under 18.
17. Park facilities do not have electricity. Generators or portable electricity are not allowed without prior approval.
18. Applicants assume responsibility of participants, spectators and any damages.
19. No advertising of event without permission from the Town of Cicero Parks & Recreation Department. No soliciting in any Park facility.
20. This permit is for the period shown and is subject to all the rules and regulations for the Town of Cicero. The Department will not guarantee accommodations for more than the numbers indicated.
21. Selling of any item is prohibited without a permit from the Town of Cicero. No admission fee shall be imposed without permission of the Town of Cicero.
22. Groups using catering food service may be required to have Health permits from the Onondaga County Health Department. Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the State of New York, the Town of Cicero, and Onondaga County Health Department is a requirement of the permit holder. Failure to follow any of the rules and regulations will result in loss of future reservation privileges. The Department assumes no responsibility for storing food, beverages or supplies delivered to the park.
23. The Town of Cicero reserves the right to void the permit should facilities become unavailable for any reason.
24. Snowmobiles or ATV’s are prohibited, (with the exception of use for ice fishing purposes at William Park) on designated snowmobile trails.
25. No hunting allowed in any Town park.
26. Firearms/Dangerous Instruments. No person except Police Officers shall carry firearms (as defined in the NYS Penal Law), nor shall any person carry or possess air guns, bb guns, paintball guns or other dangerous instruments capable of causing physical harm to citizens in any park located in Cicero.
27. No open fires or flames.
28. No overnight camping. Joseph F. William Park Additional Rules & Regulations 1. Public swim in designated area allowed only when lifeguards are on duty. 2. No docking boats. Car top style watercraft can be launched from designated kayak/canoe dock. 3. Fishing in designated areas only. 4. Dogs are not allowed May through October with the exception of Service Dogs. All other times, leash law applies as well as cleaning up after your dog.
Joseph F. William Park Additional Rules & Regulations
1. Public swim in designated area allowed only when lifeguards are on duty.
2. No docking boats. Car top style watercraft can be launched from designated kayak/canoe dock.
3. Fishing in designated areas only.
4. Dogs are not allowed May through October with the exception of Service Dogs. All other times, leash law applies as well as cleaning up after your dog.
Building Facility Additional Rules
1. No nails, pins, thumbtacks or tape may be used on walls, ceilings or posts, etc. Damage will result in loss of deposit.
2. Permit holder is responsible for returning the facility to its original condition, including moving all tables and chairs back to original location and general pickup of the bathroom facilities.
3. No entering the facility without a staff person present where required.
Concession Facilities Use
Concession facilities use (if requested) accompany field permits on an exclusive basis when permits are on a seasonal basis. Non-seasonal use will be on an if available basis.
1. Exclusive concession facility usage will be granted through a permit process and an accompanying insurance certificate naming the Town as additional insured.
2. Non-seasonal groups wishing to operate concession facilities (either permanent or portable), on a temporary basis at Town parks must make their desires explicit at time of permit request. Fees will be assessed for utility usage.
William Park Gazebo Use Rules
1. Gazebo may be rented for wedding ceremonies only.
2. No nails, pins, thumbtacks or tape may be used on any part of the structure.
3. No food allowed.